Pages

My longest blog entry to date

I know I've had this long overdue post. Haha Sorry. I really became busy last week (believe it or not). ☺ So anyhoo, here goes...

MONDAY: 
I went to Makati thinking that I'll be having an interview. I really prepared for it, mind you. I can't be talked to properly the day before - as in I was bothering Sam to help me with that interview. It was supposed to be my 2nd and a big-time company owner's the one to interview me (geez, imagine my chills!).

Of course, when you are attending something important, you want everything to be smooth-sailing and you never expect anything bad to happen. It is monday, so I was definitely expecting the Monday hassle a.k.a. "Manila Traffic" that's why I left home 3 hours away from my scheduled interview (7a.m., imagine that!) but what awaited me was not in the least of what I was expecting. Of all days it could've happened, drivers decided to have a bus strike on the same day of my freakin' interview! A deirm bus strike! Gah! The traffic I dealt with was ten times more frustrating than normal monday traffics! I knew I should have hitched with my mom all the way to Manila. The traffic situation alone is horrendous, the long line that awaited me at MRT (Pasay station) added up to brighten my day.

It was really this chaotic that Monday morning
My solution? I taxied my way to the office and got to spend about ~200Php+ one way. I arrived there exactly 10am, all sweaty and trying not to look at all tired. Good thing, my interviewee was still preoccupied that time that I had to wait a few minutes more, so I was able to fix myself properly in time of our conversation.

Well, what happened after was not exactly what I was expecting. I know life has this way of surprising us but it really was not in the least of what I was expecting (and I mean that in a very good way). You see, I went there expecting an interview and what I got was a job offer already. Details of the project was immediately discussed, without having me to process it and think about what I am about to deal with in the first place. I mean, don't I get the choice to accept it or not? HAHA

So, apparently, I neither had the voice nor the courage to speak up that I am not yet accepting the project and I am still thinking about it, so I ended up having to start working already that instant. haha It was a whirlwind, believe me. No one expects getting jobs instantly with this world drenched with recession. I guess, I was just one of the lucky ones, or they were just that desperate to get the position filled.

On that day, I was so tired from walking and commuting and having to start working without my mind set fully on what I was exactly doing. I had no time to process and ponder on things. I just went with the flow, I guess. But on my way home, I had this private moment all to myself and that's when I was able to gather my thoughts completely. I know I have been constantly wanting a job these past few days but I have neglected this one thing that should've been my priority as of the moment - NMAT.

I have been long preparing myself for that medical school application I'm dreaming of. Pre-med course was off my list a year before already; even my licensure exam is. What I now lack is that NMAT exam to pass. Considering that it'll be this coming Dec.12 already, I had to decide immediately which will be more important - money or future? Well, as you all may know, of course, I have chosen the latter. My boyps was right - "Ano ba ang mas importante sa'yo, pansamantalang titulo o ang future mo? Masyado ka atang nasisilaw sa job title mo. Titulo lang yan. Hindi ba't mas maganda ang DOCTOR kesa SUPERVISOR?". And there you go, those were the words that made me cling to my decision. And yes, I do believe I am the first person in the entire Philippines to decline a Supervisory position.

TUESDAY:

After that dragging monday, I had no choice but to be up early that tuesday (even if it was a Holiday). You see, I had to write my first ever resignation letter. Although it wasn't as formal as one would expect, after all, I just want to call it that way since I did start working already, so I owe them to at least write a sort of goodbye letter.
And this was all that's left of your "presence"
 in our humble abode :)
I know I'd be receiving a lot of raised brows after this, but to tell you the truth, I did weigh the situation. I did a lot of thinking and this decision was no short-boiled one. And writing that letter was no easy thing to do, too. Well, I could've just texted and all, but I opted to just write them a mail to give them a better view of my situation and make them understand me more. I despise misunderstandings. And after all, I know that they'll be giving me judgments the minute they read that letter of mine, but whatever. That's the least of my worries already. I made that decision and that's final. I have no regrets about it in any sort of way.

Anyhoo, I thought that that was the least of my worries for the day. Turns out, fate has another unexpected thing for me that day. SAMURPRISE! hahaha! My boyfriend surprised me in time for our Monthsarry. Awww isn't he amazing? :) Click here for details about that day :)

And so, it was a great twist. After a very tiring Monday, my Tuesday turned out to be pretty amazing ☺

WEDNESDAY:
To be honest, my Wednesday was not at all remarkable. I cannot remember one thing I did on that day. Maybe it was the usual bum day for me, well I don't know.I just can't really remember. So, let's skip this day, shall we? ☺

THURSDAY:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Yes. I do believe it is more than appropriate to start this day's entry with a shriek. :D You see, I've long awaited this day. It is no other than Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' advanced screening! I cannot reiterate enough on how much I've enjoyed the movie. It gave me chills and thrilled me in a lot of parts even if I was already expecting all of it to happen. HAHA I must really congratulate the Director - the Cinematography was just awesome. And, the actors of course! They really did a great job this time. They've definitely matured in terms of acting. Kudos, everyone! ☺
Yes. This made me fall in love with the books, movies, and
 everything about it twice over!:D
Aaaaaand, to top it all of, I was able to watch the film with my bestest best friend, Karla!:D It has been a long time since we last saw each other and I must say, even if she's real tired, she's still one force to be with. Hahaha. I missed her and our long talks. ☺ I can smell a second date lurking around the corner! ☺

Well, of course, that day was not only a Potter day. Before all the fun and movie-watching, I did a couple of very "productive" things, so to speak. First off, I was able to apply for NMAT! Woohoooo! As you all know, no one in the Philippines can enter Medicine School without having to take the National Medical Achievement Test (NMAT). So, as of November 18, 2010, my path to MedSchool has officially started. ☺

I saved the best for last of my Thursday escapade - I finally got hold of my PRC LICENSE!!!! Aaaaah! The adrenaline I felt upon holding that envelope is totally unexplainable. Believe me, what I felt that moment is beyond words. After all the reviewing and hard work, I was finally able to get hold of that one tangible thing that can shout to the world I did kick-ass great!☺

Oh yes, here's more proof  of it! Mwuahahaha! ☺

FRIDAY:
Well, I needed rest, don't I? So probably, the best way to describe this day was a "Rest Day" for me. After all, I had three undertakings the day before. ☺ So yes, let us skip this day too.

SATURDAY:
Aside from a fact that it's a weekend and everybody loves weekends, Saturday last week has also been a fun, fun day for me. This was also one of the days I was looking forward to the whole week.

My high school friends has been planning to have an Outreach Program this coming December and the initial planning day was set to be this day. So, as you can just imagine, seeing them is really something to look forward to since I don't really get to spend that much time with them anymore. Plus, we'll be seeing each other for a good cause this time around, and not just for sheer pleasure. ☺ As expected, bouts of laughter aired through the whole time we were together even if there were only 4 of us that came. It has definitely been a wonderful day. There can really never be a dull moment with these guys. And it's always just nice to spend time with people whom you've grown up together with. ☺

The first part of our meet-up involved dinner (courtesy of my good friend Doña Gianna.haha!), planning out the outreach program, planning all sorts of other things (like gimmicks, out-of-towns, next meet-ups, and the list goes on. haha☺), and mostly, our endless blabbering about our lives. Hahaha. Well, you can't blame us, we can't just run out of things to talk about because, it usually takes us about a year before seeing each other again. Hahaha Oh yes, we are a bunch of busy people.☺

As we were about to go home, we all realized that we still do not want to part ways. Kung baga, bitin na bitin pa ang gabi. haha So, in an instant, we've decided to pick friends up and go bar-hopping somewhere in the Makati area. We contacted almost all of our clique but not one replied. Hahaha! Maybe they're all asleep that time. It was about past 10 in the evening already. So, we just instantly thought of picking up Alwin (since, according to him earlier that evening, he has no ride and we just assumed that he's just stuck at home). When we arrived there, we were right about two things: 1. he is indeed at home and 2. he is indeed already sleeping. Hahaha! Grabe nakakahiya talaga. We were like raiders of their house, picking up a poor sleeping boy. Hahaha! ☺ Well, amidst the chaos we brought to their household, he ended up going with us. Hahaha!

Cheers to more than a decade of friendship and going home early in the morning!hahaha I ♥ U guys :))
So there, for all those wondering what happened to me the week before, this is for you. Haha. It has been a blast week for me, indeed and I enjoyed every minute of it. Oh yeah! ☺

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © everyday in every way. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online