Pages

2010 is for finding myself

As anyone who knows me would know, I just get random thoughts in my head like most of the time. So just this morning, this random thought just popped into my head: No more envious episodes. No more wishing or half-wishing, for that matter, of someone else's life, things, everything. I have got to finally accept who I am (not that I still don't, but, FULLY ACCEPTING something is far different from PARTLY doing so). 


No matter the difference, that little self-rejection can pollute the whole of your being and life, in general. So yes, from this day forth, I am embracing (as in wholly) what life I have been given, what situation I'm at, what skills I am capable of doing. 


I just came to realize that this whole envying just leads me to hating myself and everything that I have when in fact I have a lot, and sometimes more than others. 


Come to think of it, I have been fully blessed and more this past year, most especially. But still, I have been busy wanting things I don't have that I often neglect the wonderful things that I do have. So yes, I am now done hiding under the shadows of my fears and doubts. 


Hello, new world of wonderful options! Hello, 2011!


Along with this, I would want to give my hands up to these wonderful ladies who have shown the world how great it is to be one's own self. You have made me believe that other people's perceptions about you are irrelevant so long as you are confident of your own skin.


1. Kendra Wilkinson 
I like her. I just love her. I know a lot of people don't because they've had prejudices against her since she's been a playmate on the girls of the playboy mansion, but, I just can't stop adoring her sense of humor and strength. She's shown the whole world how difficult and yet possible it is to break out of other people's judgments. Plus, I do enjoy watching her reality show. Haha


See, I even like the way she babbles about things. Haha!
2. Anne Curtis
I admit, she has  not been a personal favorite at first, just cause. Well, anyway, she is now, and even has a spot on my post. Well, I admire everything about this girl here. She has shown everyone how she can be good in her craft even if everyone else's had doubts. She used to be this wild party girl (or, that's how she was portrayed by the media), but she was able to come out of that - better and more beautiful. Today, she not only stands as an inspiration to women but to young adults and children as well. Talk about refinement.

3. Felicity
I know that she's just a fictional character, but I can't help but include her. Haha! She has shown everyone that she can do massive things by just believing in herself. She has shown that mistakes are part of one's life and committing them isn't a sin - it's all normal so long as giving up can never be an option. I love her optimism, her belief in life and all it brings. I have come to admire this woman when I was still an elementary student and am still in love with her up til this date. 

I have been meaning to finish this post for almost 3 months now but can't somehow do so. I just feel like it lacks something. Something that I cannot put a word into. Then, I stumbled upon this and figured this will be the best way to end a post as this. The last lady I'd like to give my hands up to is P!nk. She has been an inspiration to a lot of women and has continued to be one in the most unconventional ways. When everyone else's getting thin, I can't believe but admire her when she stood firm and said that she doesn't want to be one and she embraces that she's on the heavier and masculine side. She's the perfect example for self-acceptance and this song of hers couldn't have put it in the best way. 

And here's the second music video that landed on my blog.
Pink's Fuckin' Perfect.
Enjoy! :)

So, for all the young ladies out there, enjoy being you - different, fun and wonderful in all your ways. You may not know it, but someday, some way, you are going to be a breath of hope and inspiration to others by being just you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © everyday in every way. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online