Pages

Not Miserable at all

Too much emotion all at once.

I do hope that people see beyond the love story this magnificent tale tells. It speaks so much of the culture and of the people at that time - the suffering, their pain, joys, victories and battles. Such a rich story that I can't even begin how to describe. Never in my life have I imagined that I'd be able to encounter a story that can depict almost all (if not all) of the forms of love. Hands down too to the director, cast, crew and all of the people that made the movie possible. It is nice to make this generation be reminded that not all what seems to be apparent right now is what's all there is. There was once a time when people worry not only of petty things such as academics, money, and love, but of bigger things such as their own lives per se. It's a big world and what's in front of you may not be exactly what you'll get beyond an arm's reach.

I am thankful for having been able to encounter this story at this point of my life. Victor Hugo really never fails.

Do you hear the people sing
Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people
Who are climbing to the light.

For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end
And the sun will rise.”
― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

2 comments:

Yengirl!! said...

OMG ate, these are my thoughts exactly!! To be honest I couldn't really care less for Marius' and Cosette's love story. Haha. Not when they portrayed the June rebellion so magnificently. I have never been more interested in history until after I saw the film. :) Not to mention, Valjean's and Fantine's story. I thank God everyday for authors like Victor Hugo. Haha. ♥ I promised myself I would read the book but life (and medschool) has gotten in the way. :(( Haha! But this summer, for sure. :)

So anyway. I ought to stop stalking you, yes? Especially since we have a Surg exam tomorrow. Haha. But you've been on my thoughts ever since our talk the other day. I really wanted to say the right things to comfort you, but I still find myself unable to imagine how it must be for you right now. So... I suck at this comforting business, but I want you to know that I'm always here, if you need anyone to listen (because listening is the best thing I could do). I love you Ate. :) In time, you'll be in a much better place, I know it. You're strong and you are loved. Hihi. Keep your head up!!

(I don't know how I jumped from a commentary of Les Mis to this pick-me-up shiz, sorry. I am very sabaw as of this moment. Haha. Just try not to mind the randomness, okay??)

Love always, Yengirl :)

edzdeline said...

It's the thought that counts. Hihihi I love you YenGirl! Listening is more than enough and thank you for that. I'm really grateful. I just pray for more strength, acceptance, and more support from friends like you. See you tom! :* <3

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © everyday in every way. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online