Pages

Some ME time

It has been a long time since I last went out by myself. I guess the thought of being alone scared me more than being lonesome itself. And then I realized just now how I missed being by myself - not worrying about the world's complexities and just enjoying the 'now'.

Life has been messing up with me for the past couple of months that it has been so easy for me to lose sight of who I was and what I want to be here for. This week, I was reminded that no matter how shitty things have gone, not much has actually changed - I'm still here. And that should've meant something, right? I mean, if God wanted me out of this world, He should've just let me die during the shooting a couple of weeks ago, or could've caused some accident to annihilate me BUT HE DIDN'T. And I guess that should've accounted for something.

As cliche as it sounds, I know He doesn't give us problems we cannot handle. And as I was trying to look at the bigger picture, it isn't too late for me, after all. I can still be happier. I can still find the man of my dreams. I can still become a doctor. I can still pass all my subjects. I can still go to places I have always wanted to visit. I can still build myself into becoming a better person. I can still work on something in my life that my future self will thank me for. ☺

It hasn't been easy to be in this place I'm at right now. It took me months to stop with all of the crying and moping. I was on the verge of self-destruction. I wasn't myself - I was nobody, actually. I wanted myself dead. I thought I'd be doing the world a favor if I just disappeared. But then, just like what I said a couple of weeks ago, one will never know his strength until he is at his weakest. I was stripped away of the life I used to know and the only person I loved truly was suddenly taken from me. It was the lowest my life has been - well, it sure felt that way, if ever it really wasn't. Haha Well, my point here is, I just want to thank my friends and family for everything. I wouldn't have been able to surpass everything without their help. So, here goes...

I thank my MedSchool friends for all the support and help. You guys really never gave up on me even when I was doing so on myself. Thank you Steph and Jeanne for always listening and accompanying me just so I could focus and study. Thank you for all the advices and understanding. I know you may not have approved of all my decisions, but you guys were always there, giving me a hug or a spank whenever I needed one. hehe :) Thank you Melvin and Justin for always being there as well. I know I haven't been talking to you much lately but I have always felt your concern. I know you have always wanted to protect me from all the hurt but you just can't do anything about it. And for that, I thank you. Thank you Yen, Kath, Vivi and Jerro. You have always been there to listen and to make me smile during my lowest times. All the fun and great energy you provide me with is incomparable. I really needed that. You never failed to give me something happy to take home with me at the end of the day. Every passing day, I always had something to be thankful for because of you guys. And you don't know how much that means to me.





I want to thank my orgmates from UPTC for being so understanding and caring. You guys have always looked out for me since time immemorial. You were my second family and I still consider you so even after all these years. Thank you Gretchen and Janboyet. You know I love you and you are the people I'd give my life to if I have a chance. You were the epitome of true friends. We haven't been together as much as we used to but you never failed to make me feel your presence even if we already have different lives of our own. Whenever we meet, I feel like I'm in Elbi wherever we go. Haha Thank you for all the love and support you have and are currently giving. The four of us were the tightest of the cliques before, and now that it's only us three remaining, thank you for never leaving me on my own. I don't know how much I can thank you but there, I have given you a lot of thank you's for this post, haven't I? Haha Thank you Dre for all the wise words. You have always been the big brother I looked up to and you just always know the right words to say every single time. Thank you for all the understanding and for always being the bigger person for everyone concerned. I knew I could always count on you. And of course, thank you Chass for all the listening, understanding and care. We have been through a couple of major things together recently and it has been easier because of you. Thank you so much for everything. The recent events made me more closer to you than I have been during my whole stay in the University and I thank you for opening up the way you did. You're one of the few youngsters I truly love. And I know for sure, one day, we'd be happier. ♥






And of course I want to thank my long-time friends Kathy, Ivy, Hanny and Anne.. Kathy, I know we haven't been spending much time as we used to but it really meant a lot when you reached out and offered your support. I can't be more thankful for everything. We're miles apart but I swear, you never failed to make me feel the sincerity of your love and concern. I hope to see you soon. :). Ibedon, thank you so much for all the empowerment and wise words, you never made me feel like I, or the situation I'm at was judged. We haven't been spending that much time together but I'm really thankful for having a friend like you. I knew I can always count on you. :) Hanibunita! Oh my gosh, how can I ever thank you enough for all the love, support and fun? You have been my bestest friend since HNF41 days and I must say, we have come a long way from our College shopping sprees and endless conversations. I really am lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for always being there for me through all the good and the bad. Thank you for teaching me a lot of things and for always being a reminder that life should always be dealt with smile and composure. We have just been through a lot that I know I wouldn't be the person I am now today if it weren't for you. Bola-ish but true. Hehe :))) And of course, Anne Krista, thank you so much for all the love, support and friendship. We haven't seen each other for literally years but you have always been there. You're still here, giving me support and you just don't know how much you helped me during those times when I was at my lowest. The daily conversations really helped me more than anything. Thank goodness for technology as I can converse with you even if you're already in Auz! I never thought that our friendship could've endured all those years. And I say we have become closer than we were when you were still here. I swear one day, I'd be able to visit you there. You are one of those friends I am lucky I am able to keep. Thank you for everything ☺





I'm not saying I'm past everything but because of you, I have come to see things at a different light. Because of all your care and support, I'm in a better place. And most importantly, because of all your love, I'm no longer afraid. I now realize that I need not be afraid for I am not alone. I am being given love more than my two hands can ever clasp.
THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU. 
CHEERS TO MORE YEARS OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP! ❤☺



















2 comments:

Yengirl!! :D said...

Hi Ateee! Sa Khafra ba yung first picture mo? Haha! Ang cute nung picture natin sa Cara Mia! ♥ Hihi. Looove.

edzdeline said...

Hi Yengirl! Hihi yes, sa Khafra nga yan. I was supposed to have a take-out pero si ate, nawindang ata and thus, the self-reflections. Hahaha The drink was nice. I super liked the cream. In fairness, authentic and not just some cheapazz one. :D

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © everyday in every way. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online