Pages

Hindi ako Lasenggera

Taken September of 2008. Grekka and I looking young and tipsy.
As one of my students happen to mention about drinking beer tonight, I came to realize that it has been a long time since I last drank one. Life really is different when apart from that one I used to call College.


When I was a University student, I often drink alcohol with friends. Don't get me wrong here, I am no alcoholic and party-addict. From time to time, we just like celebrating and ending a long, tiring and stressful day with our favorite drink at hand at our favorite place with our favorite people. There was even an inside joke that students in our campus are wild party-goers. Well, I don't know about all people in our lot for I cannot speak for them, but in my crowd, it was never like that. We just party to  laugh at our nitwittedness, talk about our misgivings, rant about frustrations and basically, to just enjoy each other's company. Savoring the alcohol just comes second. 


Spending nights with friends over alcohol is the thing that I would never have traded even if offered with a hefty price. It is priceless and more often than not, how I met my dearest friends that I still hold on up 'til now. 


Talking with my student kind of made me realize that I miss beer. My taste buds' longing for its bitter taste, my nose for its stenchy smell, and my eyes for its wiwi-looking color. But more importantly, I miss my friends and our reckless dispositions, our vibe for adventures and that feeling of youngness that got us into thinking that we're invisible, all-knowing and we've got the rest of our lives to toy around with. Gawd, I miss college. I miss tisi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © everyday in every way. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online